Bunions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukjeff27

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just realised ive got a bunion! all the fuss about Posh Spice having one made me realise ive got one too! i thought it was just part of my foot!
Anyway i put it down as one of those minor irritants that could be sorted at a later date when it dawned on me im DIABETIC!
We're told to be ultra paranoid about our feet and bunions can cause ulcers which are a big problem to us, i looked up the treatment and realised it means an operation and six to eight weeks on crutches to recover😱 do i really need to worry because a self employed taxi driver with a large family i really cant afford eight weeks off work:(

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. You should go and get it checked out though.

If you do go for the op be warned that years and years and years ago (a long time 🙂 my grandma (gone now) had bunions on one foot. She was in hospital and my dad (her son) went to visit her and they had put a large black felt pen X on her foot with said bunion.

However when my dad looked, he noticed that the said black X was on foot without bunion 😱😱 Not good. They changed it very quickly.

I'm sure that wouldn't happen today and it wasn't really to warn you. x

Go and get it checked, but if you are not in pain and can still work it could be a long time before anything is done about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back