Not open for further replies.

bumble1961

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I am new to all of this so i hope i am using this site correctly, i am being
converted to insulin 1 injection between 6 & 8pm daily, i have been previously
tablet controlled, i am pretty fed up & tearfull as the insulin conversation
goes on, please help!

Hi bumble, welcome to the forum 🙂 I moved your post to its own thread so it wouldn't get lost (if you want to start a new topic, click on 'New Thread' at the top corner of the messageboard you want to post it in).

We have several members who are on a similar regime to you. It can be quite scary when you have been used to just taking tablets, but I am sure you will quickly get used to it. What sort of insulin have they put you on? I am on Lantus. Hopefully, it will help you to get much better levels. What was your last HbA1c and how long have you been diagnosed? One thing that many people feel is that they have somehow failed by going on to insulin, but that is really not true, it's just that your body's requirements have changed and now you need the appropriate medicine to keep you well.

Please don't be afraid to ask any questions - there are no 'silly' questions here and everyone will do their best to help 🙂

Hi there, and welcome to the site 🙂

There are several T2s on here who are either starting, or have started on insulin, so they should be able to give you some more advice.

I was just saying this on another thread, but I think it's worth repeating. I'm a T1, so I've always been on injections. They are NOT a punishment, despite what society might have you believe. It's not because you've done anything 'wrong', or 'bad' - it's just the way that it works for some people, and that's not your fault 🙂

It's not dirty or shameful. It's you doing the right thing to look after yourself, which is a great thing! It's easy to build it up to be this huge thing, and it's natural to be upset and scared. That IS ok, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. When I did my first solo injection, I was terrified and didn't think I could do it. But you DO do it, and the world keeps turning. If you need to cry, cry. Scream? Then do it.

You're totally in the right place 🙂

goes on, please help!

Well, you've found the right place. There's loads of folk who're using insulin and even one who's just starting with Byetta injections today. Whatever the question or issue, there's always someone with experience to advise. So, make yourself at home. What form of insulin are they giving you?

goes on, please help!

Welcome to the site, you are in the right place for lots of help and advice.

At the moment I am tablet controlled, but know at some point in the futre I MIGHT have to go on insulin.

Many people get fed up and tearful during the transition, but once they get the hang of things wonder what all the fuss was about. I'm sure the transitin will go well for you, but if you need to ask any questions, please do come and ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back