BS This morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules001

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I woke up this morning n my bs was 3.1.... Before bed last night it was 6.5 so i thought I would be ok.... n just 2 weeks ago my bs was 3.2 n I was having a hypo.. so why did I feel ok this morning when it was 3.1 doesn't make any sense to me any ideas anyone

Unfortunately sometimes you just don't feel the hypos. Some people lose total hypo awareness and can walk around on levels like 1.9 (something I've had happen in the past) feeling fine. It's not nice!

I woke up this morning n my bs was 3.1.... Before bed last night it was 6.5 so i thought I would be ok.... n just 2 weeks ago my bs was 3.2 n I was having a hypo.. so why did I feel ok this morning when it was 3.1 doesn't make any sense to me any ideas anyone

It can depend on how quickly your levels are dropping as to the intensity (or otherwise) of the symptoms. If my levels are falling rapidly then I feel it more. Also, meters can be as much as 20% out which means potentially you were only just below 4, so how you feel as well as the test is also important.

There is, as Shiv says, also the possibility that your brain is coping with lower levels so your hypo symptoms only kick in at a lower level. The important thing is to consider why you might have dropped low - did you do any extra activity over the previous 24 hours? It may be that you need to adjust your basal insulin (reduce it a little). I went through a period where I was dropping my lantus every couple of days - reduced from 20 to 8! although there's nothing to say it will be the same for you. Have a word with your doctor or DSN and see what they advise. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back