BS Levels before bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnr252003

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone help me with what your BS level should be before you go to bed, I'm type 2 on 2 x 500mg Glucophage SR taken with my evening meal. When I go to bed my BS is around 4 but I've read somewhere that BS should be around 8 when going to bed.:confused:

Hi John, the 8 you've read about most probably applies to people who are on insulin, or some kind of medication that can stimulate insulin production - either of which could cause a hypo (very low blood sugar) whilst you sleep. If you are happy at the level you go to bed at, and the level you wake at, then there shouldn't be a problem for you. I am on insulin, but know how it affects me fairly well, so am happy to go to bed around 6.0 -7.0. If I'm any lower, I have a snack.

Metformin shouldn't cause you to go any lower.

Hi John im on injection and metformin 2 x a day 1000 and my levles at bedtime vary from 6-8 and im happy with that.

Hi johnr252003,

I'm a non-insulin dependent Type 2 on metformin and I'm very happy to go to bed with my blood glucose level in the 4s or 5s.

Personally, I'm very unhappy ever to be higher than 8 these days even after having eaten a meal.

As far as I am concerned, you sound to be doing just fine based on the limited information that you have posted in this thread.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back