Broken toe...stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

susieq987

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I think I have broken my little toe, now I know we have to be careful about foot things such as cuts etc not sure if I should go and get it checked and not just because its very painful if you know what I mean

thanks

Hi Susie i would go and get it sorted if for nothing else but peace of mind, if it feels painful to the point you think it is broken id not hang back.Good luck x

I'd go and get it checked out if it were me and I'd say the same to anyone, whether they have diabetes or not. Actually, it's even more important to get a non-painful injury checked, if you have any changes in sensation - diabetic neuropathy. In the meantime, first aid for any bone / muscle injury is RICE rest (keeping weight off), ice, compression (although not if broken bones suspected), elevation (raising to reduce swelling).

Yes you should get it checked, though with most broken toes they will just strap it to the next toe. I broke and dislocated my toe just before becoming diabetic. It was obvious I had to go to casualty as the little toe was at right angles to the rest of the foot.

Pain it toes can also be gout - which can be helped by diet.

I dropped a piano on mine once and they put a rubber bar under my shoe to keep the poor tootsie off the floor. Definitely get it checked... ASAP.

How is the toe now? I hope you got it checked. ANything you are not sure about should be checked, and I'd go straight to the hospital with something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back