Britons in EU remain fearful of post-Brexit healthcare and pension provisions Britons in EU remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
British citizens living in the EU remain confused and worried about their post-Brexit healthcare and pension provision, despite the fact that both issues were settled satisfactorily in the withdrawal agreement, a Guardian callout suggests.

More than 100 of over 600 British nationals on the continent, who responded to the callout, cited fears of shrinking pensions and losing the right to medical treatment.

“I am very concerned about healthcare after 2020, which is as far as the UK government is prepared to guarantee cover,” wrote a 78-year-old in Italy. “I also receive a UK state pension which may not increase as it would if we lived there.”
Another in Spain said: “As a pensioner, I’m worried that my healthcare agreement will be rescinded; I could not afford to pay for private health insurance.” A third, aged 67, in France, said: “Nothing seems to have been agreed. We are all really anxious.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...post-brexit-healthcare-and-pension-provisions

I don’t know why they are worried. The details of Brexit will (theoretically) be sorted in the transition period.

In any event, their concerns should have been thought through before they moved to sunnier climes. As generations of East End criminals found, you need a bit of money to behind you to live in sunny retirement.

It's a very sad day for the UK! Workers rights will sink to that if China and the US under Johnson and Gove as we become a third world country!

We'll have to 'suck it and see' since - very much indeed like Type 1 diabetes and the various types of Type 3 - we absolutely have NO choice in the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back