Britain must look at replacing the NHS with an insurance system, Nigel Farage says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The National Health Service may have to be replaced with an insurance system within the next decade, Nigel Farage has said.

The Ukip leader said anyone who believed the current way of paying for medical care in the UK had to be preserved “frankly isn’t thinking” and that he was open to “rethink[ing] the whole thing”.

Mr Farage also likened Ukip’s rise to that of Margaret Thatcher.

“There are times in a country’s politics where radical change is needed,” he told BBC’s Newsnight programme on Thursday evening.

“I lean towards Government doing less. I believe if you lift off the backs of the British people excessive regulation and the wrong levels of tax they will do better.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...urance-system-nigel-farage-says-10044823.html

Can't help thinking of this guy every time I see Farage :D

rygel.jpg

I can't stand Farage and his far-right "policies". I really hope UKIP sinks at the election. The last thing we need in this country is a US style medical insurance system :(

I can't stand Farage and his far-right "policies". I really hope UKIP sinks at the election. The last thing we need in this country is a US style medical insurance system :(

They haven't got any policies, they are just courting publicity - any publicity - and hoping that they manage to get a few votes from people who don't really think about who they are voting for :(

At least I know who I wont be voting for.

Unfortunately UKIP will probably do quite well at the election as all the other parties seem to be turning a blind eye to the problems Europe is creating for the UK.

I hope they disappear but it isn't likely to happen anytime soon as things like the TTIP agreement threatens our NHS and economic migrants pass through other countries to ours with what seems like a remarkable ease being two of the most prominent problems our leaders are not dealing with.

I earned my living from firstly underwriting insurance and then selling it - gamekeeper turned poacher.

It's basically a balancing act - what's it going to cost in claims, plus admin, any overheads, any commission to the broker and last but not least - my profit. When you can't even quantify the very first amount how could you underwrite it?

Unless of course you also provide cover for all the people who will never from birth onwards until that day when they die unexpectedly though they've never even been ill and have never taken up any preventative care such as immunisations etc ........

It's impossible unless you put limits on it. Which is why so many people suffer. And that's what the NHS don't and presently can't, do.

Realistically and honestly, I've said it before and I'll say it again - we will have to pay more in Tax or NI or whatever they choose to call it in order to keep the thing as we want it, won't we?

They could start by taking the politics out of it, stop wasting billions on reorganisations and agency staff and do some proper long-term planning instead of fire-fighting all the time :(

They could start by taking the politics out of it, stop wasting billions on reorganisations and agency staff and do some proper long-term planning instead of fire-fighting all the time :(

I agree but unfortunately we have leaders that have lead us blindly into a Europe run by companies and trade agreements instead of having a proper federal arrangement that suits/treats all nations equally. The only solution would be to tear up all existing treaties and create a federal constitution. We are being sold down the road by our cross channel friends as they already have insurance based systems and would not want to fund the type of great system we have for their people.

It's frightening what is happening and some people can see the only alternative is to turn away from the main parties and head for the like of UKIP and the greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back