Breathtaking - ITV Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was torn between anger and sadness. Cried all the way through. It brought it all back big style and I wasn’t anywhere near the front line, I think it would have triggered a few NHS staff. A hard, but a must, watch.

Thousands are reported to be suffering from PTSD following what they saw and experienced. Some are unable to work be assembled of Long Covid.

I watched it knowing it would be difficult and cried most of the way through. It did make me angry at the lack of ppe for all staff. Political leaders lying about it and breaking rules.
I’m still haunted by my experiences of being seriously ill in hospital with covid from 14 December 2020 to 7 January 2021. Witnessing the shortages of ppe, other patients suffering and dying, lack of oxygen supplies.
The lack of post covid support in my area and ongoing health issues, now got heart rhythm problems, although drs just blame diabetes as cause of atrial fibrillation.
I’m grateful for nhs staff for risking their lives to care for us and would like to see official acknowledgment of all the staff who died of covid especially due to the lack of ppe.

I watched it knowing it would be difficult and cried most of the way through. It did make me angry at the lack of ppe for all staff. Political leaders lying about it and breaking rules.
I’m still haunted by my experiences of being seriously ill in hospital with covid from 14 December 2020 to 7 January 2021. Witnessing the shortages of ppe, other patients suffering and dying, lack of oxygen supplies.
The lack of post covid support in my area and ongoing health issues, now got heart rhythm problems, although drs just blame diabetes as cause of atrial fibrillation.
I’m grateful for nhs staff for risking their lives to care for us and would like to see official acknowledgment of all the staff who died of covid especially due to the lack of ppe.
I too was in hospital end of November 2020, not Covid, bowel obstruction. My husband just had to leave me in A&E on my own in desperate pain not knowing what was wrong. Only in 48 hours but my goodness it was a dreadful time. Crying on the phone to my hubby, worrying my bowel would rupture and worried about getting Covid too as as well as being diabetic I don’t have a spleen and was classed as Extremely Clinically Vulnerable. The staff did their very best I know but not all of them wore full protection all of the time. it was a very scary time and I wouldn’t have wished it on my worst enemy.

It was terrible to watch, even though we have seen horror stories it really hit home my dad was and still is in a care home he contracted cover after one of the residents was returned back to the care home after having cover, spread it to all the other residents, and my husband who was diagnosed with Lung Cancer was cared for with staff who didnt have the proper protection, he was lucky because after the first 2 immunotherapy treatments in Hospital he had 2 years of treatment at home, the nurses who came to treat him used to comment on how bad it was in the hospitals and wouldn't go back to normal nursing.

Remarkable tv series based on Dr Rachel Clarke’s book with the same title. We should never forget the selfless dedication of the hero nurses and doctors, as well as the numerous support staff, who put themselves in potential harm’s way. Picking on one aspect that I find really upsetting is the discharge of hospital patients to care homes not knowing whether we’re harbouring Covid, still incubating or asymptomatic.
BTW, in reading Dr David Cavan’s book How To Reverse Type 2 and Prediabetes I have come to understand why Diabetics are prioritised (along with those with other ailments, such as being immunocompromised). He talks about glycogen fuelling our cells, and here’s the point, it fuels the CV-19 virus, sort of supercharges its reproduction.

Hello, which channel was it on and was "Breathtaking" the name of the programme? Thanks in advance for the info.

Hello, which channel was it on and was "Breathtaking" the name of the programme? Thanks in advance for the info.
I see others have pointed you to ITV 1, but also on ITV X if you can get it, ie on a smart TV via the internet.

I see others have pointed you to ITV 1, but also on ITV X if you can get it, ie on a smart TV via the internet.

We catch up with new & old dramas on ITV X.

Agree with you all it was hard to watch, wife was taken aback by those scenes where there was covid deniers outside hospital & circulating lies on social media, she wasn't aware that actually took place & like us all couldn't believe how stupid people can be, I mean did they really think hospital wards were empty & covid was a pack of lies?

Hoping some of actors in Breathtaking get nominations at tv awards for their roles, it was so realistically portrayed.

Haven’t watched it yet. Have taken the liberty of tweaking the title @nonethewiser - just to avoid any confusion for folks who’ve not heard of it 🙂

Oh dear what did it say originally?

Just the one word ‘Breathtaking’ - which, of course makes perfect sense in the context of the thread - but when I initially read the thread I just thought you had been surprised by something :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back