Breathlessness

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am really struggling with bg levels, at the moment. High then low then back up. I am feeling so breathless when walking. I am absolutely worn out. Could the breathlessness be caused by unstable bg levels.

I’ve just read this;
People who have diabetes may feel short of breath because of high blood glucose, which is called hyperglycemia, or too little glucose, which is called hypoglycemia. Similar to ketoacidosis, too much or too little glucose can affect lung function and breathing.10 Jun 2022
Might be worth checking out

I am really struggling with bg levels, at the moment. High then low then back up. I am feeling so breathless when walking. I am absolutely worn out. Could the breathlessness be caused by unstable bg levels.

Could it be to do with the high pollen levels? I think you should speak to your GP just to rule a few things out and get some reassurance.

I sometimes feel breathless with low blood sugar but I also have asthma so it’s hard to tell what’s what. Breathlessness can be caused by lots of things so seeing your GP is definitely the way forward.

Are you anaemic by any chance?

Been very high tree pollen around GB in recent weeks, causing all sorts of folk all sorts of breathing probs they don't usually have.

I get pollen warnings from the Met Office App on my phone and iPad, the main ones over the last few days are nettle and grass pollens, especially in warm weather. I went out this afternoon to the local shop, and got back wheezy, so I'm now fine after a blast of Ventolin.

Even if you have no history of asthma, it is possible that your breathlessness is due to reversible limited lung function, only checkable with Peak Flow testing. You can't check for it with any blood test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back