breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabetic

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
im seing my doc tommorow as my hbca1 has gone from 62 to 71 im on gliclazide 3 tabs a day bu th ink its my fault with diet i need help any body got any good tips like best breakfast i can eat ect im hoping hel just up my gliclazide and go on strict diet any advise please my pin prick readings in morning can be anywhere between 6 to 10 thanks in advance

im seing my doc tommorow as my hbca1 has gone from 62 to 71 im on gliclazide 3 tabs a day bu th ink its my fault with diet i need help any body got any good tips like best breakfast i can eat ect im hoping hel just up my gliclazide and go on strict diet any advise please my pin prick readings in morning can be anywhere between 6 to 10 thanks in advance
Have you looked at the dietary ideas and menu plans which are frequently posted, thinking more of a change to a new way of eating rather than a strict diet as that is usually something that is not enjoyable and therefore unsustainable which is what it needs to be otherwise people see the same happening as yourself.
Breakfast ideas full fat Greek yogurt with berries, eggs in any form, cooked meats and cheese as in a Continental style breakfast.
In case this has passed you by this link has some good menu ideas. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/ which may be suitable bearing in mind that you need to have some carbs because of your medication.

have you heard any comments ect on the libre freestyle 2 constant monitor device
I think there are enough comments to write a book. What specifically do you want to know?
Use the search and you will find loads some positive some negative but can depend on the individual.
I personally have never used one, relied on finger pricking to know what was going on with my blood glucose levels.

I have been using a libra 2 for 3 weeks. I used to pin prick. It's super expensive - 50 quid a fortnight - so I'm using it as a way to see what's going on. I find it really motivating as it stops me snacking. Also I now understand what a 'high' feels like. But I think if I eat well and I control diabetes through meds or diet then as type 2 I won't need it.

I think there are enough comments to write a book. What specifically do you want to know?
Use the search and you will find loads some positive some negative but can depend on the individual.
I personally have never used one, relied on finger pricking to know what was going on with my blood glucose levels.

hi mate just to let you know been to docs and has agreed to try strict diet hes also uped my gliclaside to 4 40 mg tablets a day getting bloods done again in 3 months im dtermend to get it down with lowering my carbs im going on the desmond course hes sais ive got to do it otherwise il have more problems and even more medication hope your good

hi mate just to let you know been to docs and has agreed to try strict diet hes also uped my gliclaside to 4 40 mg tablets a day getting bloods done again in 3 months im dtermend to get it down with lowering my carbs im going on the desmond course hes sais ive got to do it otherwise il have more problems and even more medication hope your good
I'm headed to a Desmond course as well.

my doctors refered me im thinking of the day course coudnt manage a week wonder if theres a vidio version

I did the face to face many years ago now, 1 day week for 6 weeks when prediabetic and several years later during COVID when I tipped over into diabetes, I was offered the On-Line version which you work through the basic modules in your own time and then they release the additional ones on a weekly basis. There is a forum much like here, but it is not moderated so you get people spouting lots of rubbish that they are told by their GP and others can be misled by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back