Breakfast question

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hiya everyone hope your all ok 🙂 just a quick question about my morning reading....

Breakfast yesterday 2 slices wholemeal toast with butter = 34g carbs so i took 3 units of Novarapid and injected 20 mins prior to eating.

8am = 4.9
9am = 6.8
10am =7.7
12:20 = 8.0

So today i had the same thing but took one more extra unit so 4 units Novarapid

8am = 5.4
9am = 7.6
10am = 8.8
11am = 7.9

So i basically went up as much as i did even though i took more insulin?!

What does this mean can anyone help?

Also im curious as to what everyone eats for breakfast that doesnt spike them

Thanks D_G x

Hi DG i cant help with your first questions on the readings, but for brekkie i have a rasher of bacon and 2 poached eggs and have been doing so about month and a half and have had no spikes whatsover.

I dont tend to eat early in the morning (get up at 7 for work)

But i have one harvest chewee cereal bar(roughly 15-20g), and a cup of lemon tea (has sugar, roughly 5g per cup) which i have around 3 units for.

(i do alter this depending on morning reading, have a 45 min drive to work)

I wouldn't worry too much. There's not alot of difference between your readings. Also, since you have only been diagnosed a few months, I'd imagine you're still in your "honeymoon period" meaning your pancreas may still be making some (though not much) insulin.

Yea laura i think i am honeymooning, hope it lasts a long time! :D

I just dont like getting these readings it makes me in a bad mood for the rest of the day :( i think im gonna go back to low carbing my brekkie, Bacon and eggs mmmmm!

Hey, those readings aren't too bad! I'd suggest granary or seeded bread rather than wholemeal, as it is lower GI. Apart from that I'd say maybe your basal is possibly slightly low so can't quite 'cover' the activity of your liver. Having said that, I notice that your pre meal levels are quite low, so maybe not! Things can fluctiate day to day though, so don't expect readings to be identical as there are a lot of things that can come into play.

Thanks for the replies, i guess everything with this illness is unpredictible!

Will try a couple of things maybe different breads etc..

D_G

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back