Breakfast cereals

SilverShaded

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Over the last week or so it became obvious weetabix causes me a significant spike, today i tried walking straight after eating, did about 0.8 of a mile, and it made virtually no difference. Would walking a bit later work better? Also what would be a better breakfast? (Bananas dont seem to spike me much so maybe thats an option).

Attachments

• IMG_0930.png
    IMG_0930.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 14
Over the last week or so it became obvious weetabix causes me a significant spike, today i tried walking straight after eating, did about 0.8 of a mile, and it made virtually no difference. Would walking a bit later work better? Also what would be a better breakfast? (Bananas dont seem to spike me much so maybe thats an option).
What time did you eat your breakfast? the criteria people use is blood glucose is no more than 8-8.5 2 hours after eating.
Having protein and healthy fats can be a better option, eggs for example, or a low carb cereal All bran, keto granolas as a reduced portion on Greek yoghurt with berries.
The medication you are taking it is advised that you do not have a very low carb diet and it should it any case help with any high blood glucose levels.

What time did you eat your breakfast? the criteria people use is blood glucose is no more than 8-8.5 2 hours after eating.
Having protein and healthy fats can be a better option, eggs for example, or a low carb cereal All bran, keto granolas as a reduced portion on Greek yoghurt with berries.
The medication you are taking it is advised that you do not have a very low carb diet and it should it any case help with any high blood glucose levels.
It's about 5 after 2 hours, that peak though adds quite a bit to the average glucose value so looking for ways to improve it if possible. I stopped taking dapafliglozin for a while while i use the CGM, also aspirin and paracetamol as they mess it up.

That response doesn't look that bad.

it came down quite rapidly.

I normally go for a walk 30-60 minutes after eating, as this is when the glucose from the meal starts generally hitting my bloodstream - although it depends on what else I've had with the carbs. Lentils, though, seem to cause a rise after 2 hours!

Some members find porridge gives a fairly gentle release of glucose - though for others it’s like rocket fuel!

Glucose responses to food can be infuriatingly individual like that. 🙄

I couldn’t find a cereal that gave me a consistently gentle rise by the bowlful - even with rapid insulin to throw at it. Greek yoghurt, berries, and a sprinkle of granola worked OK for me when in a cereal mood.

Most of the time I stick to a slice of seedy toast.

Happy experimenting!

Back