bread

Status
Not open for further replies.

am64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
as promised the reply from my friend who is the MD at a bakery that makes vogel

"Well, some breads, even wholemeal ones, can contain sugar as part of the recipe. This is both as a food for the yeast and for flavour. Vogel's does not contain added sugar, so that may explain it. Check the ingredients list, because if sugar is in the recipe, it has to be listed. Carry on enjoying Vogel's and if your local store does not stock it, you can request it. Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrison's, Ocado and Budgen's all stock it, but not in all stores. Tell all your friends.
I hope that helps,"

hope that helps the bread fans....
im not sure if this is in the correct forum please move if necessary

Last edited:
Not long after I was diagnosed (type 2) I had some pre packed sandwiches from Tesco that really made me feel wierd/ill. Just a note to try and check whats in the stuff your eating.

me too terrible problems with wholemeal rolls from that french in store bakery
but vogel ...well thats interesting

Thanks for that, bread dosent affect my levels much but I am at WW and I know a lot of people that steer clear of bread and that explains why.

im fine with bread since i moved off the white i have hovis's seeded batch or wholemeal, can i just ask cazscot wat is WW, i might be being really thick here or it could be cause its 07.50 in the morning lol.

never heard of Vogel's?

WW I believe is weight watchers (not a double shift at work!!)

Another question how much is a loaf!!! outragious! Makes me mad!

I use a bread machine to churn out interesting shapes of bread like things, probably not that cheap but it feels cheaper & healthier🙄

never heard of Vogel's?

WW I believe is weight watchers (not a double shift at work!!)

Another question how much is a loaf!!! outragious! Makes me mad!

I use a bread machine to churn out interesting shapes of bread like things, probably not that cheap but it feels cheaper & healthier🙄

cheers Rossi i guess it was a case of it was early and my brain was not in gear, thats such a good point as well a loaf these days is anywhere from ?1.20 up to about ?1.60+

i have never heard of vogel's either. i tend to also make my own bread like rossi_mac, but i do it by hand and then turn it into a nice loaftin so it comes out the proper shape lol. i have experimented with lots of different types of bread and seem to now make 2 types. i make banana bread for me and the kids as we love it (the partner hates it) and then i make a seeded batch loaf as it is a bread we all love. i use only wholemeal flours to.

Steff - see post #1 in this thread for list of supppliers of Vogel's bread(s).

ahh thanks copepod my eyes deceived me i missed that

Carry on enjoying Vogel's and if your local store does not stock it, you can request it. Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrison's, Ocado and Budgen's all stock it, but not in all stores.

any better?:D:D

Carry on enjoying Vogel's and if your local store does not stock it, you can request it. Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrison's, Ocado and Budgen's all stock it, but not in all stores.

any better?:D:D

cheeky caaaaaaaaw 🙂

PMSL Am !!!

I'm lucky, bread doesn't really affect me that much, although I have changed to a multi-seeded/multi-grain or Linseed and Soya variety these days. Occasionally I give in and have a hunk of white Tiger bread or some thick white toast, but not too often!

I DO miss thickly spreaded butter though!! (weight issues! 😛 )

xx

as promised the reply from my friend who is the MD at a bakery that makes vogel

"Well, some breads, even wholemeal ones, can contain sugar as part of the recipe. This is both as a food for the yeast and for flavour. Vogel's does not contain added sugar, so that may explain it. Check the ingredients list, because if sugar is in the recipe, it has to be listed. Carry on enjoying Vogel's and if your local store does not stock it, you can request it. Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrison's, Ocado and Budgen's all stock it, but not in all stores. Tell all your friends.
I hope that helps,"

hope that helps the bread fans....
im not sure if this is in the correct forum please move if necessary

Some good advice there thank you am64....one must try this

STOP SHOUTING IN RED PLEASE:DBev

Surely better than shouting in bed?

Because I still won't hear you 🙄:D

With you on the breadmaker Rossi.

So fresh, just like I remember the traditional local bakers make.

And I know what's in it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back