Botox not working due to Insulin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayno

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Are there any T1’s out there that have tried Botox for cosmetic reasons and it’s not worked. I’ve had several injections which just don’t work. I’ve tried going to other healthcare professionals as I thought it might be the way it was administered but it still doesn’t work. I have had them try a few different makes and even a new batch but nope nothing! The last person said it was because I take Insliun and that makes it ineffective. was just wondering has anyone else heard this or experienced this.

There doesn't seem to be any mention that insulin would be the reason but it could be because your body is making antibodies in response to being injected with botulinum toxin which it sees as 'foreign' just as your body would to fight off any infection.

Are there any T1’s out there that have tried Botox for cosmetic reasons and it’s not worked. I’ve had several injections which just don’t work. I’ve tried going to other healthcare professionals as I thought it might be the way it was administered but it still doesn’t work. I have had them try a few different makes and even a new batch but nope nothing! The last person said it was because I take Insliun and that makes it ineffective. was just wondering has anyone else heard this or experienced this.
Well I myself am partial to the odd tweak here and there and not had a problem apart from over bleeding which can be related to diabetes. Are you getting the standard 3 areas done ?

Well I myself am partial to the odd tweak here and there and not had a problem apart from over bleeding which can be related to diabetes. Are you getting the standard 3 areas done ?
But must add I am on and off insulin all the time due to the nature of my diabetes.

I work with someone on insulin (gestational diabetes) who has Botox, she has no problem with it at all.

I work with someone on insulin (gestational diabetes) who has Botox, she has no problem with it at all.
don’t think your supposed to have it when pregnant but I’m probably wrong

Sorry, should have said she got gestational diabetes when pregnant 18 years ago! And still has diabetes of some form or other for which she injects insulin 🙂

You're not recommended to get it for a few weeks after covid vaccine either as they think it may increase the chance of a skin reaction

I saw something once about botox being a potential breakthrough for type 2, not sure how or why something about how it acts in the body. Also it’s used for neuropathy in the feet of diabetics and is quite successful apparently.

I saw something once about botox being a potential breakthrough for type 2, not sure how or why something about how it acts in the body. Also it’s used for neuropathy in the feet of diabetics and is quite successful apparently.
I also saw it was used to assist with gastroparesis associated with Type 1 diabetes.

I also saw it was used to assist with gastroparesis associated with Type 1 diabetes.
Yes ! I just saw that too. Not related to diabetes but You can also have it for teeth grinding. I really could do with that, I’m terrible for it

Only tried the 1 area (forehead) as it’s expensive to do all 3 if it doesn’t work!

Can you expand a bit more?
Is it less effective if you are poorly controlled or if you are well controlled? Does it affect the effectiveness depending on your blood sugar at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back