Booster jab (under 40's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilLady

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, just wondered if anyone under 40, has been called for their booster jab?
I had my 2nd vaccine in August, I expected to have been invited in for the booster.
But not heard anything.
I tried to book online but under 40's require a letter to confirm they have a condition that makes them eligible, which I don't have.
Should I contact my GP? Thanks

Where are you based?
The rules seem to be different in the different nations of the UK.

The age limit currently in England is over 40 unless you are on the vulnerable list which should include most people with diabetes.

Yes . I am diabetic so thought I would have had an invite??
I am older than you but didn't wait for an invite. I just booked online on my 6 month anniversary of my 2nd jab. This has now been reduced to 3 months.
Did you get your first and second jabs as part of the "vulnerable people" tranche?

This is the thing, no i didn't. I was diagnosed June. Id had my first vaccine already and had my 2nd August after the normal time frame.
But it has passed 3 months since my second now.

I thought he said the under 40s could book from Wednesday?

Knew something happens on Wednesday ..... falling into the category 'already had ours' tends to mean I don't listen as well I'm afraid.

The son of a colleague of mine tried to book his online at the weekend. At first it told him he was 9,000th in the queue and then the whole website crashed. Good luck

The age limit currently in England is over 40 unless you are on the vulnerable list which should include most people with diabetes.
i am 70 and still not been called for a booster-would actually prefer AstraZenica but can't get passed rude receptionist to talk to doctor. Been refused 3 x telephone appts and 1 x face to face. Have uncontrolled diabetes, heart disease, progressive lung disease, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis and War Pension disabilities. Feel that government is trying to waste wrinklies like me. What can i do. Don't want to die yet!

i am 70 and still not been called for a booster-would actually prefer AstraZenica but can't get passed rude receptionist to talk to doctor. Been refused 3 x telephone appts and 1 x face to face. Have uncontrolled diabetes, heart disease, progressive lung disease, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis and War Pension disabilities. Feel that government is trying to waste wrinklies like me. What can i do. Don't want to die yet!
Sorry to read that you are having problems with your GP surgery. I know they are all stretched at the moment but that is not a reason for them to refuse appointments.

I don't believe AZ is being offered as booster as the studies show a Pfizer booster provides better protection. Unless you have a medical reason for not being able to take anything apart from AZ, I would advise taking what is offered.

I did not wait to be called - I just booked mine online as the government have been advising. Fortunately for me, that was before booking was open to a larger population and the website crashed. Hopefully, it will calm down in the next few days.

As you don't want to die, I recommend persevering with the online booking system and take the Pfizer (or, I think Moderna) booster offered.

Hi, just wondered if anyone under 40, has been called for their booster jab?
I had my 2nd vaccine in August, I expected to have been invited in for the booster.
But not heard anything.
I tried to book online but under 40's require a letter to confirm they have a condition that makes them eligible, which I don't have.
Should I contact my GP? Thanks
Thanks guys, I put this post up prior to Boris' announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back