Boost for Labour as poll finds NHS is voters’ biggest concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The NHS has emerged as the most important issue to voters, potentially boosting the chances of the Labour party, which is making the health service one of its main campaign themes ahead of next year’s general election, according to the latest Guardian/ICM poll.

The poll, which gave Labour an overall four point lead over the Tories, shows that Labour leader Ed Miliband’s signature theme of jobs and wages is the third most important issue to voters.

In a sign that George Osborne, the chancellor, may be a victim of his own success, after boasting that he had nearly cut the fiscal deficit in half, the poll found that the deficit is tied with Europe in fifth place.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...bour-as-poll-finds-nhs-voters-biggest-concern

Hmm. Ignore the deficit and watch what happens!

It'll be issue number one in no time.

Labour built more than 3 Medical cts near me . They are big glass buildings & MUST have cost a fortune. Cleadon park is very close to the Hospital (less than 1/4 mile). I really would not like to pay for Electric & Heating for these places. Too much of this has happened in the past 😉

Labour built more than 3 Medical cts near me . They are big glass buildings & MUST have cost a fortune. Cleadon park is very close to the Hospital (less than 1/4 mile). I really would not like to pay for Electric & Heating for these places. Too much of this has happened in the past 😉

Agreed, money has not been spent wisely in the past, hopefully in the new economic climate money will be directed to where it is most needed and will do the most good, although spending £3bn reorganising things was an unnecessary waste, which senior Tories now admit :(

Did you see the Panorama programme about Farage last night? What a self-serving crook! 😱

I'm a conservative Alan and agree entirely, however the EU in it's current form is one I don't want us in.

I would like all the trade deals and treaties ripped up and burned and replace with a proper federal constitution with properly elected representatives taking part in a proper government where the citizens come first and not business.

The EU is THE biggest threat to the NHS since it was created.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back