Bonkers readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

spriklett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've just had some bonkers readings and was hoping someone could help to explain? At 04:10 my reading was 7.3 and level according to Libra2. I had a sip of water and at 5:40 it was 12.7? Thanks

Blood sugars often go up in the morning as your body puts glucose in your blood stream to power you through getting ready

Did you double check your readings?
Whenever you get a "bonkers reading" which is not what you expect, 6ge advice is yo wah your hands and try again
However, as @Lucyr suggests, this is likely Dawn Phenomenon - a glucose dump from your liver to give you energy to start your day. This probably happens most days to most people.

Last edited:
Yes I did check again and exactly the same. No need to wash as it was my Libra 2 not finger pricks. Just tried it again at 7:51 and it is 21.4...what the heck!

Yes I did check again and exactly the same. No need to wash as it was my Libra 2 not finger pricks. Just tried it again at 7:51 and it is 21.4...what the heck!
The advice from Abbott for Libre is to double check with a finger prick if the BG it reports are not what you would expect.
In addition, one of the often commented limitations of the Libre is that it is designed to be most accurate at "normal" levels. For anything over 10, it may exaggerate the readings. Therefore, it MUST be checked with a finger prick.

The Libre and other CGMs are amazing pieces of kit but only if you understand the limitations of the technology which means knowing when to double check the readings with a finger prick.

If you aren’t sure you believe the reading your libre gives then as @helli says you should fingerprick. If you don’t believe that either then wash hands and fingerprick again.

Tried fingerprick and it's showing 18.3

There you are then! Wouldn't be expected to exactly match fingerprick, either that much too high or if it's low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back