Bonkers Libre Sensor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have just been woken by the Libre Low Glucose alarm. However, I feel fine and the finger says 7.7. I started a new sensor late afternoon/early evening. After an hour it was about 4 out. It then came to a difference of less than 2 but has now widened. I have never had a yo-young error before. Has anybody had this?

Had a real problem getting to sleep. Hope I can get back to sleep now as I have a cramp in the leg I haven't got!

(p*ss*d *ff *m*j*)

My current sensor was very jumpy for the first couple of days, it seemed to exaggerate the lows and highs more than usual, but then it settled down. (Not before it had completely ruined my time in range stats, though).

Yes, I had a lot of those towards the end of my Libre use. I’d never had to before, but I changed to inserting the new sensor 24hrs before the old one expired (leaving the old one in). That helped a bit. If I couldn’t do that, I always started a new sensor early morning to reduce the nighttime idiocy. Mine used to alarm a lot in the night when they were new (not compression lows) even though my blood sugar was fine.

I suspect you are experiencing "Insertion Trauma" This is where the readings are affected by your body's reaction to having an alien object inserted in your arm. It is the reason why some of us apply our sensors a day 9r two before activating it
At night this could be exaggerated by "Compression Lows" where applying pressure to the sensor will result in a false low

Hi Mike Bikey
when I used the Libre I found it useful to insert the sensor 24 hrs before I wanted to activate it, so at time I had a sensor in each arm. It is a long time since I used Libre so I am not sure how they behave now, but this may be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back