bolus

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone have differant ratio's for differant meal times? If so how much do you vary by?

Hi Spiritfree,

I think most people have a higher ratio for breakfast due to insulin resistance in the morning. Alex has three ratio's and they are 1/15 1/16 1/17 for each meal. Some people also have different ratio's for snacks too.🙂Bev

I seem to be rather lucky in the way that I only have one ratio which seems to work rather well all day. I'm on one unit to ten grammes of carbs.

Tom

Yes I have different ratios for meals and snacks, I also have different ratios for lunch and breakfast on work days.
😱

You need to find what works for you, i dont think there would be many who can suffice with one ratio like lucky Tom 🙂

Everyday my ratio changes depending upon the carb count at each meal and of course on how hungry I happen to be, average bolus use per day is approx 20 units.

Yes, my ratios are 8g/unit from midnight till 1pm, 7g/unit from 1pm till midnight.

I think I need a new ratio for the evening meal as I'm running a bit high in the evenings, but I'm still feeding the baby so I can't basal test yet.

I have 1u:11g in the morning 1u:10g for the rest of the day until if I eat after 9.30pm then it's 1u: 9g.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back