Body Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dug

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning all

Is there a link between high blood sugars and low body temperature?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dug
This is a bit more academic:

Morning all

Is there a link between high blood sugars and low body temperature?
Welcome to the forum.
High blood glucose can upset temperature regulation so so people find they will swing from hot to cold or more often feel hot.
If people then have low blood glucose as in being hypo then whether they feel hot or cold can be one of the symptoms.
Is this something you have all the time and do you test your blood glucose when it happens.

Slower metabolism due to rapid weight loss also makes you feel the cold. At least so it seems to me.

Slower metabolism due to rapid weight loss also makes you feel the cold. At least so it seems to me.
Increasing exercise during weight loss will help prevent / lessen a slowdown of the metabolism.
Any exercise from seated exercise to walking, dancing, gardening etc works. Basically any ongoing increase in daily activity.

Increasing exercise during weight loss will help prevent / lessen a slowdown of the metabolism.
Any exercise from seated exercise to walking, dancing, gardening etc works. Basically any ongoing increase in daily activity.
Losing 22 kg in 6 months resulted in muscle loss. Despite walking an hour a day. It's very slow progress getting my press ups back up over 10 per set. Ben Bikman said of restoring muscle mass at 80 years old - forget it. I'd prefer to do 20-30. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I know when my thyroid supplement is adequate as my temperature is lower when it is not.

Thank you for the replies. There's a lot of information to get through.
I have also been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis and I take a biologic medication to suppress my immune system. I had to stop the meds while taking antibiotics for a mild chest infection a week ago. Maybe it's a mixture of all these things. My lowest recorded temperature was 34.6 but a hot brew, blankets and a hot water bottle brought my temperature back up slowly. The chest infection might explain the higher blood sugar readings also.

Thank you for the replies. There's a lot of information to get through.
I have also been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis and I take a biologic medication to suppress my immune system. I had to stop the meds while taking antibiotics for a mild chest infection a week ago. Maybe it's a mixture of all these things. My lowest recorded temperature was 34.6 but a hot brew, blankets and a hot water bottle brought my temperature back up slowly. The chest infection might explain the higher blood sugar readings also.
A couple of times when I've been unwell my body temperature has taken a hit, and it was seriously hard to get warm. Resting up to get rid of that chest infection sounds good

Losing 22 kg in 6 months resulted in muscle loss. Despite walking an hour a day. It's very slow progress getting my press ups back up over 10 per set. Ben Bikman said of restoring muscle mass at 80 years old - forget it. I'd prefer to do 20-30. Any suggestions?
It was not specific to your situation due to me not knowing your health details. Many people are losing weight, and not all may be aware of the metabolism link, so I thought it may be useful to some folks reading 🙂
You are beating me, I lost 6.3kg in about 2.5 months. My health limits the exercise I can do, but I do as much as I can.

I googled my question. It seems resistance is good at any age, at least twice a week. It takes 8 weeks to see results, I had hoped for 8 days !!!

I googled my question. It seems resistance is good at any age, at least twice a week. It takes 8 weeks to see results, I had hoped for 8 days !!!
Ah, resistance exercises. Yes sites suggest both types - if I remember it said resistance on a few days of a week, I forget now.
*looks at my mini barbells* oops, have not been doing mine, I need to improve 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back