Body temperature and Tiredness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilburne19

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’ve recently been prescribed Metformin my blood sugar levels have dropped, and I’ve noticed two main changes. In the evening my body temperature drops and during the day I feel more tired than usual, is this normal on this medication?

I’ve recently been prescribed Metformin my blood sugar levels have dropped, and I’ve noticed two main changes. In the evening my body temperature drops and during the day I feel more tired than usual, is this normal on this medication?
Welcome to the forum
I have not heard mention of either of those side effects, it may be more to do with your diet.
If you have substantially reduced your carbohydrate intake then the body may be going through a period of adjustment.
Tiredness is often because of high blood glucose following a high carbohydrate meal so being watchful of your carb intake should help.
Also if your Vit B12 is low that can cause tiredness so worth getting it checked if you haven't had it done recently.

@Lilburne19 when you say your body temperature drops, do you mean a measured temperature by thermometer, or you feel colder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back