Blurry vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnarob

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My levels have been coming down but scarily, I've developed blurry vision when I look at the computer. I never had this problem before diagnosis. Would it be because of my levels coming down?

I was wondering if the Metformin had anything to do with this?

I attended the eye doctor here in Norway last February and he inserted dye in my eye to take a good look at the retina. He never mentioned anything about diabetes.

I'm feeling a bit ropey today and just wondered if this was all part of the transitional phase?

Donna x

p.s.

My levels so far today have been:-

10.7 after breakfast and eating rye bread!
6.4 after 10 mins of vigorous cycling on exercise bike
Then had a couple of almonds and a large glass of water
last checked 6.9

When I was first diagnosed my levels were bg 16.8 and aic of 10.5%

Just need reassurance!

Donna

Hi Donna, yes I would say that the blurry vision is due to your levels coming down. This is very common in newly-diagnosed people, and we are advised not to get a sight test for several weeks until our vision has totally settled otherwise we might end up with glasses that are useless! High blood sugars distorts the shape and flexibility of the lens, hence the difficulty focussing.

I had this problem for quite some time - can't remember exactly, but it was a few weeks certainly. Frustrating, but it will improve! 🙂

My levels so far today have been:-

10.7 after breakfast and eating rye bread!
6.4 after 10 mins of vigorous cycling on exercise bike
Then had a couple of almonds and a large glass of water
last checked 6.9

When I was first diagnosed my levels were bg 16.8 and aic of 10.5%

Just need reassurance!

Donna

Hi Donna as my levels started to come down this is exactly how I felt (I also got headache's as well) was only diagnosed end of September and already these symptons have reduced a lot

I concur, my eyesight was definitely a bit all over the place for a couple of weeks too. It was definitely NOT the time for going out and getting a new set of glasses (and I didn't)!

Andy 🙂

Hi Andy

Felt a bit disorientated and all over the place this weekend but not so bad today. I have decided to enter a new routine and get up earlier in the mornings, starting from today.

My glucose level was at 7.7 at midnight last night and 7.5 at 7.40am this morning.

I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday which will only be 17 days after diagnosis. Is this a quick turn round?

Initial diagnoses 26.10.10 - bg 16.8 and 10.5%

Donna x

Hi Andy

Felt a bit disorientated and all over the place this weekend but not so bad today. I have decided to enter a new routine and get up earlier in the mornings, starting from today.

My glucose level was at 7.7 at midnight last night and 7.5 at 7.40am this morning.

I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday which will only be 17 days after diagnosis. Is this a quick turn round?

Initial diagnoses 26.10.10 - bg 16.8 and 10.5%

Donna x

That all sounds very similar to me. If your pancreas is still producing insulin it is possible to get a quick turn-around in levels if you increase the exercise and moderate the diet. I was getting levels like yours (with the odd blip as I was still learning!) after about a month too.

The 'zonked' feeling is no doubt a result of the improved levels. I got that too (and still do to some extent even now). But it should improve over the weeks.

Thanks Andy!

Today I have a sinusy headache, indigestion and an upset stomach. Do you think the doctor might reduce the meds as I felt fine on one metforman 500mg?

Donna

Thanks Andy!

Today I have a sinusy headache, indigestion and an upset stomach. Do you think the doctor might reduce the meds as I felt fine on one metforman 500mg?

Donna

Hmm. I pass on that one, I'm afraid. That's a conversation that you'll need to have with your GP 😱

But, to a certain extent, this is also something that you can decide for yourself. When I reduced my meds, I upped my testing and so was able to show the doc what my before and after meal readings were over several days. When reinforced with evidence, doc's will find it hard to disagree with any decision you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back