Blunt Needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I normally use B&D 0.5ml disposable syringes. For some reason I was given the 1ml ones last time around although this should make no difference. However 4 out of 43 so far have had really blunt needles to the point it was tricky to draw up insulin from the vial. I just binned them. Has anybody else experienced unt needles?

Do you mean so blunt you had difficulty piercing the 'bung' of the vial?

Seems like I am the only person to have experienced this then. I did have a blunt needle issue around 2008 and seem to recall they were fakes!

I’ve not regularly used syringes day to day for several years @MikeyBikey

But the ones I have in as emergency backup in case of pump failure seem to have been fine.

Hope it was just a duff batch - did you report it to the manufacturer? They might want to follow up on the lot number etc?

I’ve not regularly used syringes day to day for several years @MikeyBikey

But the ones I have in as emergency backup in case of pump failure seem to have been fine.

Hope it was just a duff batch - did you report it to the manufacturer? They might want to follow up on the lot number etc?

No. When I had an issue with test strips about 18 months ago the manufacturer kept going on about another strip in their range. Life is too short to deal with numptys. I now have a new box of 100 and the first nine have been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back