Bluetooth Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy426

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Are there any good Bluetooth monitors that anyone can recommend of the finger prick variety?

What do you want the glucometer to Bluetooth your fingerprick test results to? And why?

I'm using a Verio OneTouch that looks like this (but might not be the exact model shown below).
Verio OneTouch.jpg

The phone app can read and store the readings from the device and stores the history for display as chart or history table. I've got all my history since diagnosed at the end of October 2021. It proved a useful record when reviewing my progress with my doctor (who I don't think has ever had a patient sort out their Type 2 by diet alone).
The device lets you record whether or not the reading was before or after meal and can take notes (to record why the reading was out of range, for example) carbs and exercise (which I don't use).
I can't comment on the cost of test strips. In Ireland I was entitled to a tub of 50 only every three because I had no prescription for medication. I got a prescription for Metformin so now I can get a tub every month (even though I never collect the tablets!).

If your paying for your strips then why not just download a BG tracking app and enter your readings manually?

I use the Contour Next and I find the app excellent and the result very consistent when I did a bit of testing with different fingers. I don’t test much these days, so the strip price does not bother me. The cheaper devices I’ve used have been less impressive, and one was… not very consistent at all.

I’ve also got a Trivium TruMetrix which is consistent and also has BT and an app. Expensive strips, but the hardware isn’t as nice as the Contour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back