Bloods

Minotaur

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just reading my recent hospital discharge summary.

Anyone able to help me understand these, please?

Is there anything remarkable, or i should be worried about?

Bloods on discharge

HbA1c 114
Triglyceride 13.8
CRP 5
WCC 13.8
Hb 121
Transferrin saturation 9.63
Transferrin 2.77
Iron 7
Vit B12 428

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Minadora
I have to ask were you expecting a Hba1c score around that ? I was unsure suof your circumstances it knowledge of Diabetes

are you already under your GP / DSN with any plan in place to slowly reduce your Hba1c

Hi @Minadora
I have to ask were you expecting a Hba1c score around that ? I was unsure suof your circumstances it knowledge of Diabetes

are you already under your GP / DSN with any plan in place to slowly reduce your Hba1c

This is my original post as I'm new to the forum, diabetes.

I can’t comment on the various sub-parts of blood, were there any reference ranges offered for things like iron and vit B12?

Your HbA1c is substantially higher than recommended (which is why you’ve been started on glucose-lowering meds). But be encouraged that we’ve had members on the forum who have started in 3 figures, whose HbA1c was able to return to the recommended range through a balance of meds and dietary changes.

I suspect your Drs will also be wanting to reduce your triglycerides, so you may get lipid meds recommended too?

Just reading my recent hospital discharge summary.

Anyone able to help me understand these, please?

Is there anything remarkable, or i should be worried about?

Bloods on discharge

HbA1c 114
Triglyceride 13.8
CRP 5
WCC 13.8
Hb 121
Transferrin saturation 9.63
Transferrin 2.77
Iron 7
Vit B12 428

Thanks in advance.
If you have access to your medical records via Patient Access it will show the ideal ranges for each of those and also flag your results as 'normal' or 'abnormal'.

Your HbA1c is very high which is a concern so if you haven't already seek professional help in bringing that level down.

I get my test results on-line and as Martin.A says you can check the normal range against your current reading. There is other information on line you can check against too. Just search normal levels (name test) followed by UK or country you reside.

Back