Blood tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flower

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Are routine diabetes clinic review blood tests - HbA1c, egfr etc being done with the blood test vial shortages ?

I presume they would be considered clinically necessary but just wanted to ask if any one has been told otherwise before I head to the hospital on the early bus tomorrow as I have a pump appointment for next week at short notice. Thanks.

Are routine diabetes clinic review blood tests - HbA1c, egfr etc being done with the blood test vial shortages ?

I presume they would be considered clinically necessary but just wanted to ask if any one has been told otherwise before I head to the hospital on the early bus tomorrow as I have a pump appointment for next week at short notice. Thanks.
Flower I could be wrong but I think that if the doctor has ordered them and they are to be done at the hospital then you should be ok. I’m sure they would have phoned you if they’d had to cancel xx

The blood test form is from my diabetes consultant, I’ll go to hospital phlebotomy tomorrow and see if they’ll do it for me. I imagine it will be ok but I’m not completely sure!

My son asked our surgery when he was next due his hba1c and was told routine tests were being cancelled due to the vial shortage. I'm sure hospitals should be ok though @Flower

I had a blood test today at my surgery - but don’t forget, I’m in Wales. :D

I hope you don’t have a wasted trip tomorrow @Flower.

I'm booked in for an HbA1c test at my GP surgery on Thursday and haven't been cancelled so far!

My blood tests were cancelled due to the vial shortage. I was told they’re only doing pre-surgery ones and crucial ones.

My surgery have a message on their phone saying it is non urgent bloods that are been cancelled.

The blood test form is from my diabetes consultant, I’ll go to hospital phlebotomy tomorrow and see if they’ll do it for me. I imagine it will be ok but I’m not completely sure!

Flower, in your shoes, if I'd had the form since my last review (this is what happens with my Endo), then it could be worth calling the clinic just to check.

I had a consultant appointment last week (not Endo) and had a raft of bloods done, but those are diagnostic as opposed to review bloods. Speaking with my GP recently, he explained they are still doing necessary (diagnostic or safety) tests, but routine things like A1cs and lipids were being deferred.

It'd be such a pain to get yourself on buses etc., just to be turned away at the final hurdle.

I rang my GP surgery this morning and they said routine blood tests HbA1c etc are not being done. I rang hospital phlebotomy & couldn’t get through but presume it would be the same answer as GP.

I’ll take the form to the pump clinic and if they need to be done I’ll get them done when I’m there. I’ve got my HbA1c on my Medtronic cgm data so that’s a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back