Blood Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

James4413

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi All

Been a type 1 diabetic for 42 years, always tested my blood via the basic finger prick process. Blood sugars have always been low, but recently too low with several hypos. Need to introduce a better method of monitoring my blood sugar levels and was hoping some one could advise me on the best CGM system to use. Not great on gadgets, but can learn if it gives me the ability to see an hypo coming.

You may have noticed it commented that “we are all different”.
Different CGMs are suited to different people.
For example, many say Dexcom is the most accurate but I found Libre more suited to my body.
Talking of Libre, if you are in the UK, it is worth talking to your DSN and asking if you can get this on prescription. It is the cheapest option which is why nearly 50% of people with Type 1 in England (I think) have Libre on prescription.
The NICE guidelines are applied differently by different clinics so it is worth asking for your specific clinic.
Whilst waiting, you could trial the Libre, if you have a compatible smart phone - the main requirements are Bluetooth and NFC. If you go to their website, you can apply for the trial.

It is the cheapest option which is why nearly 50% of people with Type 1 in England (I think) have Libre on prescription.
Even better than that, it's about 55% now, I think. And having problems with hypos should make it easy to persuade them to prescribe it.

Has anyone already purchased GlucoRx Aidex? I have only problems after a few days of use, the sensor error message pops up and it is not possible to fix it or someone already has experience with this CGM, if so, let him share his experiences because I have already gone a lot in costs, I even bought a dedicated phone and still a sensor error

A couple of us have used it, there’s a thread somewhere that you could search for. Are you using iPhone or android.

Sounds like problems are very common on android with lots of reports of people stopping using it, in the Facebook group.

How to choose from this, I have two sensors at home, one that stopped working and one that stopped working yesterday, and a phone that I specially bought

Has anyone already purchased GlucoRx Aidex? I have only problems after a few days of use, the sensor error message pops up and it is not possible to fix it or someone already has experience with this CGM, if so, let him share his experiences because I have already gone a lot in costs, I even bought a dedicated phone and still a sensor error

Welcome @busy65 🙂

I did a Search for you. Click on the threads listed to see what others are saying:

https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/search/97310/?q=Aidex&o=date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back