Blood Testing Meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ive just been looking on bayer diabetes website and saw the new USB meter they have bought out.Its priced at ?24.99, which i think is a bit dear,but im thinking of ordering one and just wanted to know if anyone has bought one and what do you think of them,im also thinking of getting the smart pix for accucheck nano,again has anyone bought one and what do you think about it.Ive had alook at the Abbott freestyle lite website and cant get anywhere with trying to download the data management system.Im only looking at these sites because ive started seeing a new DSN and she gave me 3 meters and just said tsake your pick,so i really dont know which is best to use.

If you do a search on this forum you will find some comments on the Contour USB. I think it's very good, bear in mind that it comes with 25 test strips so thats half the cost of the meter. It last about a month between charges and the reports it prints are pretty good. My only criticism is you can't delete or modify readings, so if you hit the before meal button when you meant the after meal, then you are stuffed.

I just have the basic One Touch Ultra Easy puncture kit. I like it, having ttied a couple of the others I didn't like them so well. These days any spare meters I get I off to others who don't have one. The last one sent to me went down to the doctors surgery as people are often down there looking for meters.

Hi Whitty

what problems are you having downloading the Abbots software ?

If you continue - you can call them on the patient help-line and they can send you the software on a disc. Whilst on the phone also get them to send you the data cable so that you can just upload the results from the meter and don't have to resort to manual entry.

Becky and Sam have both done reports on the Bayer USB Contour - have a look at their blogs for what they think.

Hi margie,im having trouble downloading the data management system.i get as far as filling out personal details,then the form asks me which state i live in and all the options are in america,i tried skipping this part but it just returns saying that it is mandatory.

Thank you Margie,i tried the link and was successful in downloading the software and ordering a usb cable.Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back