blood test!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonrudd

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
well i finally had my blood test this morning - i was in and out in 10 mins which was good. got to see the nurse in 3 weeks and provide a "specimen" a week before - all good fun!! but at least that's done and only 9 months late :D

the only downside was that a bloody RAC van ran the red light just when i was about to cross - then when i threw my hands up in anger he stopped the van in a layby a few feet away - swung the van around as i came towards him and tried to intimidate me. grrrrr!😡

been working on a magazine article and entertaining the in-laws all day - oh and throw in a bit of php/html programming to boot 🙂 any one into art?? have a look on twitter for #artswap

right now to carry on reading my book
🙂

Hurrah! Well done Simon 🙂 Hope the results are OK. How are you feeling these days? Have your levels dropped lower since your toe healed?

hi Northerner 🙂 thanks a lot - i'm not doing to bad cheers! my finger pricks are still high 15 today. so i'm not sure probably be some other meds they can give me :D how r u doing? did you have your naughty day yet??

Simon, I was thinking about you - did I miss what happened to your toe?
As you know we all were concerned.

Reading Northys mail, seems all is OK with your toe - great

Keep well

hi Hazel,

yeah the nail eventually fell off so all was well there :D thanks for asking! hada blood test yesterday which was something i've been dreading for a long time. got to see the nurse in a few weeks time :D

hi Northerner 🙂 thanks a lot - i'm not doing to bad cheers! my finger pricks are still high 15 today. so i'm not sure probably be some other meds they can give me :D how r u doing? did you have your naughty day yet??

Yes, it does sound as though you should expect more meds, but hey, whatever it takes to bring them down to better levels! 🙂

Yup! Had my naughty day (although some people didn't think I was naughty enough!), read about it here:

http://www.diabetessupport.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?t=11262

....eer...and some thought you were very naughty Northerner!!

Simon, I no longer have big toe nails, the nail beds were removed, best thing that ever happened. The second one was finally removed, after having had a septic ingrown nail that would not heal - finally, diabetes was diagnosed.

That was over 10 years ago and I am still here, so it is not the end of the world.

Good luck with the rest of your results

i think new meds will probably be the answer too - my other half keeps threatening me with needles - don't know how anyone injects :(

Hazel - i used to often get poison toes - but they seem better these days. although i do keep getting really bad pains in my right leg. probably should tell the nurse when i see her. there is no sign of the new nail yet - i wonder if it will ever grow again 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back