Blood test time! non-fasting??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawlessd

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

Not posted for a while, hope your all well.

Was great to meet those of you at the london meet.

Gotta go to consultant on 16 dec, so it's blood test time.

However, on this one it's not got fasting ticked and the Glucose box is ticked??

My other few blood tests have always been fasting ones, so iv'e been hospital before morning insulin and breakfast.

I presume this time i can inject and eat before going
Does this sound familiar???? Any thing different to expect???

Thanks a lot

I've never had to fast for blood tests at my reviews, other than when I was first diagnosed. If they're testing your hba1c then there's no need to fast for it. For me they usually do a normal glucose reading too, never too sure why as it's random and can't really tell them too much.

If you're concerned though maybe worth giving them a call beforehand to double check?

Good to see you at the London meet too!

Hi, the fasting tests are nornally for when they want a split of your HDL and LDL cholesterol. I did read something recently where they were debating whether or not it was necessary to fast for this - will try and find out where I read it. Like aymes, I've never been asked to fast for my tests.

...found it: http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8353510.stm

Twas good to meet you too!🙂

Good luck with the tests and things. If you are unsure it is always wise to check, saves time and worry.

I have only had to fast if it's been for a cholesterol test, but for the other usual bloods I haven't needed to fast.

Good luck with your appointment, let us know how it goes.

Sorry we didn't get to chat at the meet, but hope you enjoyed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back