Blood test strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cas67

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I wasn't told to do testing on my blood, just to control diabetes with my diet, that was 2 years ago, I did get it down to 46, but now back to 52, only seen my nurse once since my diagnosis..I am now eating healthy again, following weight watchers, but I don't check my blood, what are the best strips to use please..

The best strips to use are the ones that you can get your doctor to prescribe free for you!
The usual choice is which meter they prescribe, which defines which strips need to be used.

I use Accu chek performa strips
I just looked and they're a tenner a pot on Amazon - goodness knows whether the supplier's any good or not though - but we do know their equipment is usually The Best and the meters guaranteed to be 'within 10%' rather than the legal 15% and are frequently found to have greater accuracy than that.

I use Contour Blue and get strips online - 4 boxes of 50 strips comes to around 33 pounds with free postage.

Hi, I wasn't told to do testing on my blood, just to control diabetes with my diet, that was 2 years ago, I did get it down to 46, but now back to 52, only seen my nurse once since my diagnosis..I am now eating healthy again, following weight watchers, but I don't check my blood, what are the best strips to use please..
If you're going to self-fund, the Spirit Tee2, Gluco Navii, and Contour Blue meters are the ones often suggested by many of the self-funders on the forum.

I use Gluco Navi. used to have Code Free but then saw on here that Gluco Navi was supposed to be better. I bought an Accu Check to start with but the strips were really expensive in Boots. Never thought of Amazon but note they are £10 according to what I have just read so that is a thought too.

I use Gluco Navi. used to have Code Free but then saw on here that Gluco Navi was supposed to be better. I bought an Accu Check to start with but the strips were really expensive in Boots. Never thought of Amazon but note they are £10 according to what I have just read so that is a thought too.
I have had a Code Free for years and the strips are still available from amazon, never had any problem with it. I just think the GlucoNavii is the newer version, it looks the same.

I just looked and they're a tenner a pot on Amazon - goodness knows whether the supplier's any good or not though - but we do know their equipment is usually The Best and the meters guaranteed to be 'within 10%' rather than the legal 15% and are frequently found to have greater accuracy than that.
Yes I get them from Amazon

I have them from Amazon too. I would imagine they are fine as they would come from a reputable company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back