Blood Test Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As I was not given my HbA1c result when I got started on Libre I rang the Test Results line on Thursday. I was unimpressed as I only got words: HbA1c - usual for patient (meaningless as I have varied between 47 and 92), cholesterol - normal (want figures and breakdown) and U&Es - acceptable retest in 3 months. I now need to write in if I want the numbers! :( Anyone else had this?

No I just check results myself on the NHS app, it’s only hospital test results I can’t see on there.

As I was not given my HbA1c result when I got started on Libre I rang the Test Results line on Thursday. I was unimpressed as I only got words: HbA1c - usual for patient (meaningless as I have varied between 47 and 92), cholesterol - normal (want figures and breakdown) and U&Es - acceptable retest in 3 months. I now need to write in if I want the numbers! :( Anyone else had this?
Had issues getting results but after writing to practice manager and informing him that I have a legal right to see results they have agreed and get a copy everything im tested.

Definitely worth doing, but some surgeries (like mine) don't offer that yet.
Yes, the inconsistency is staggering. When Covid first appeared I was visiting around 15 surgeries a day through work. It quickly became apparent that there was no co-ordination & every one of them conjured up their own rules.

Yes, the inconsistency is staggering. When Covid first appeared I was visiting around 15 surgeries a day through work. It quickly became apparent that there was no co-ordination & every one of them conjured up their own rules.
They're independent, and (in this case) with a computer system that's incompatible in some way. (Though I think they get hospital results electronically fine, and they're able to do prescriptions electronically.)

No I just check results myself on the NHS app, it’s only hospital test results I can’t see on there.
My Endo is in a different County in a different Trust in Oxford. That Trust (OUH) has just started a process that, after a reasonable confirmatory registration process, they provide full access to all Hospital records, including all correspondence and reports as well as results.

The initial registration process was started while attending for a Consult, so my letter for that appointment provided an initial proof of who I was and the initial access to the wider registration for seeing my data. I provided a one-time password as a start point; my email was already on their records. I then completed the registration at home after receiving an email later that day welcoming me to the registration, asking me to confirm the password I'd provided earlier. The follow on registration needed a different, stronger password etc and overall felt secure and confidential. I've now accessed and seen various records about minor procedures I had leading to my Whipple's Procedure, the surgical report and subsequent pathology reports, follow-on referrals and so on. Includes all my blood test results from that Trust.

It seems very comprehensive and I know far more about my treatment in the OUH Trust than I can see from my own County Trust and my GP records from their Patient Acess app they gave me access to. Indeed the visibility of my local hospital data is very limited and what I do have access to is incomplete: I have a report from my initial attendance at A&E when I first had the symptoms suggesting pancreatic cancer, then relatively little thereafter - despite 3 full admissions for various ops and other day-procedures. Everything I have from Bucks is on paper, after I'd pestered for copies of reports and correspondence.

It will be interesting to see if the new Integrated Care System (ICS) [which embraces both the Trusts I've been treated by, as well as the County Trust for the town we are hoping to move to during 2023] - provides such improved visibility of records. My cynical fear is that it won't. It certainly isn't Integrated today.

My surgery seems good.
Had a blood test Thursday evening. (It was due at the surgery Friday morning, but they cancelled it as the staff had gone off sick, so the blood was taken at a walk in at the local hospital)
Friday afternoon the results signed off by my GP and were online so I could have a look at them.
Any hospital correspondence is available on there as a scanned copy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back