Blood test and covid booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Wonder if anyone can help. Am due my blood test soon and also covid booster. Will the latter compromise the blood test if they are too administered too close on time togther?

Wonder if anyone can help. Am due my blood test soon and also covid booster. Will the latter compromise the blood test if they are too administered too close on time togther?
If they are very close together, and it’s the HbA1c you’re talking about, then it shouldn’t make a difference, the HbA1c is a three month average. If you get the blood tests a few weeks after the booster, and the booster has sent your Blood Glucose high for a while, then it could affect the result, but this would be taken into account when you are discussing it at your next diabetes appointment.

If they are very close together, and it’s the HbA1c you’re talking about, then it shouldn’t make a difference, the HbA1c is a three month average. If you get the blood tests a few weeks after the booster, and the booster has sent your Blood Glucose high for a while, then it could affect the result, but this would be taken into account when you are discussing it at your next diabetes appointment.
Thanks. I thought that might be the case.

Hope the booster goes well, and the results of your bloods are what you are hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back