Blood Test #4 Results What do you make of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Benbow

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
So I just got my blood test results and my A1C score as of today is 5.1 and my fasting glucose 128.

I've put most of my blood results into a chart since I first began trying to figure out if I'm insulin resistant or not, to which I still don't have an answer. The Doc won't give me an HOMR-IR Test. What do you folks think? Am I insulant resistant or not?

Fasting GlucoseTriglyceridesBlood PressureWeight /173 cm hBMIWaistA1CHDL
January 2023130 mg/Dl210150/8375.1 kG25.192cmn/A45
May 202393 mg/Dl73120/8059.6 kG19.984-85 cm4.855
August 2023134 mg/Dl45115/7160.25 kG20.2575 cmn/A50.25
Sept 1 2023128 mg/DlN/AN/An/An/An/A5.1n/A

Last edited:
There’s some great improvements a lot of these markers. That’s got to be a good thing. Well done.

The only one I suspect you are concerned about is the fasting level. If you have achieved these improvements by low carb/keto then I suggest you take a look at physiological insulin resistance aka adapative glucose sparing. It can caused slightly raised fbg but in such a way that is not disease driven and whilst simultaneously coming alongside the benefits you have seen to other metabolic markers. You might find it reassuring

Have you run the numbers through the HOMA-IR calculators that estimate IR without an actual insulin figure based on these markers

There’s some great improvements a lot of these markers. That’s got to be a good thing. Well done.

The only one I suspect you are concerned about is the fasting level. If you have achieved these improvements by low carb/keto then I suggest you take a look at physiological insulin resistance aka adapative glucose sparing. It can caused slightly raised fbg but in such a way that is not disease driven and whilst simultaneously coming alongside the benefits you have seen to other metabolic markers. You might find it reassuring

Have you run the numbers through the HOMA-IR calculators that estimate IR without an actual insulin figure based on these markers
Yes, I have done the Trigs/HDL ratios and they would indicate no insulin resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back