Blood sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franklin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Can high blood sugar levels cause aching joints and tiredness, I ask my DN and one has said yes another has said no they do not cause joint pain or tiredness has anyone had similar issues with high blood sugar levels. when I say high mostly around then mid teens.

It was aching thighs that led me to the GP and eventual diagnose of diabetes...

Can high blood sugar levels cause aching joints and tiredness, I ask my DN and one has said yes another has said no they do not cause joint pain or tiredness has anyone had similar issues with high blood sugar levels. when I say high mostly around then mid teens.
Hello @Franklin ,

Here are the current symptoms of high sugars:

• passing more urine than normal, especially at night
  • being very thirsty
  • tiredness and lethargy
  • thrush or other recurring bladder and skin infections
  • headaches
  • blurred vision
  • weight loss
  • feeling sick.
You mentioned joint pain, which isn't a symptom, but we have heard from some of our callers who are on statins indeed have some joint pain.

Joint pain can be due to neuropathy which is a result of high blood sugars.

Hello @Franklin ,

Here are the current symptoms of high sugars:

• passing more urine than normal, especially at night
  • being very thirsty
  • tiredness and lethargy
  • thrush or other recurring bladder and skin infections
  • headaches
  • blurred vision
  • weight loss
  • feeling sick.
You mentioned joint pain, which isn't a symptom, but we have heard from some of our callers who are on statins indeed have some joint pain.
Thanks for the info, I been TD2 for around 4 years and the last two I had joint pain which is slow getting worse, I am also been on statins for 30 years plus change the type a few times however my systems have come on since starting Humulin I and Novo Rapid. I came away from seeing a diabetic nurse confused as one said yes blood suagrs could effect joints and the other has said know. I hopping to talk to a doctor and see where that takes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back