Blood sugar tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmbz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Newly diagnosed so still learning...blood sugar tested 8.2 before breakfast couple hours later tested 9.2 had low sugar low fat toast avocado and egg...is this reading good after breakfast or not...many thanks

BG is still a little bit on the higher side, but 9.2 after a couple of hours is within the limit of 2-3, so not so bad. As you reduce your carb intake, your BG should hopefully fall that bit more, usually 4 to 7 is a good pre-breakfast score, but we are all different, some go lower, some go higher. Are you on any meds or are you going the food and lifestyle route? Oh, we are allowed full fat with low carbs, like you I went the wrong way to start with 🙂

BG is still a little bit on the higher side, but 9.2 after a couple of hours is within the limit of 2-3, so not so bad. As you reduce your carb intake, your BG should hopefully fall that bit more, usually 4 to 7 is a good pre-breakfast score, but we are all different, some go lower, some go higher. Are you on any meds or are you going the food and lifestyle route? Oh, we are allowed full fat with low carbs, like you I went the wrong way to start with 🙂
Thank you for your response. The doctor has put me on metformin

ok, I'm not on meds, so not sure how that affects your BG, but there are many others who can advise you. If you can give your BG at time of diagnosis (the mmol/mol one if possible) that would be useful to others who could help further.

If you are doing low sugar but not starches then you might need to see how much that lowers your glucose levels and then reassess your intake of all carbs.

Newly diagnosed so still learning...blood sugar tested 8.2 before breakfast couple hours later tested 9.2 had low sugar low fat toast avocado and egg...is this reading good after breakfast or not...many thanks

Yes! That’s a great result @Bmbz! The breakfast you ate sounds delicious, and only raised your BG by 1mmol/L after 2hrs.

If you can keep your meal rises below 2-3mmol/L like that, you should gradually see your starting numbers reduce to between 4 and 7 before meals (which would mean your after numbers will come down too).

Well done!

ok, I'm not on meds, so not sure how that affects your BG, but there are many others who can advise you. If you can give your BG at time of diagnosis (the mmol/mol one if possible) that would be useful to others who could help further.
My mmol was 93

Yes! That’s a great result @Bmbz! The breakfast you ate sounds delicious, and only raised your BG by 1mmol/L after 2hrs.

If you can keep your meal rises below 2-3mmol/L like that, you should gradually see your starting numbers reduce to between 4 and 7 before meals (which would mean your after numbers will come down too).

Well done!
Thank you for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back