Blood Sugar Skillet Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
With his 195-cm frame and good looks, 33-year-old celebrity chef and passionate surfer Sam Talbot appears every bit an ambassador for good living. But he also has diabetes ? one of 285 million people worldwide with the disease, according to the World Health Organization.
It's a disease Talbot has successfully managed through diet and exercise for more than two decades. "I learned early on that what I put in my mouth directly affects how I feel," says the executive chef of the hip Surf Lodge in Montauk, N.Y., and a veteran of the U.S. television series Top Chef. Now Talbot has put this straightforward philosophy to paper with the arrival of The Sweet Life: Diabetes Without Boundaries. Part cookbook, part memoir on life with Type 1 diabetes, the volume is packed with recipes and tips to help keep energy levels high and blood sugar low.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2099671,00.html?xid=gonewsedit

See if you can spot the deliberate mistake in the reporting of Sam Talbot's D&E control of his diabetes...🙄

With his 195-cm frame and good looks, 33-year-old celebrity chef and passionate surfer Sam Talbot appears every bit an ambassador for good living. But he also has diabetes...

See if you can spot the deliberate mistake in the reporting of Sam Talbot's D&E control of his diabetes...🙄

Apart from this bit of course! Why should it be surprising you aren't necessarily unattractive if you have diabetes? 😱

Well, I wouldn't want to try to control my type 1 diabetes without diet and exercise in addition to insulin 🙂
And I think that has contributed a bit to my looks 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back