Blood sugar reading query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulfate

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I had a 10g of carbs snack earlier this afternoon. Before eating I tested 6.2, 2hrs later I tested 5.6.
All OK. Over 2 hours later before dinner I have tested 6.7?? I have only had a cup of decaf tea and no sugar, I wouldn't have expected that to have gone up?

I had a 10g of carbs snack earlier this afternoon. Before eating I tested 6.2, 2hrs later I tested 5.6.
All OK. Over 2 hours later before dinner I have tested 6.7?? I have only had a cup of decaf tea and no sugar, I wouldn't have expected that to have gone up?

Lots of things affect our blood sugar that aren’t food @Sulfate Moreover, the blood glucose meters have a margin of error of up to 15% so your 6.7 could have been 5.9 or whatever. All your readings are pretty much the same so I wouldn’t worry.

Over 2 hours later before dinner I have tested 6.7?? I have only had a cup of decaf tea and no sugar, I wouldn't have expected that to have gone up?
All those readings are fine. Readings can vary even if taken close together (though don't vary very much usually).

It's normal for glucose readings to vary across the day for a range of reasons, and I doubt it's worth worrying too much about what's caused that kind of a minor rise.

All those readings are fine. Readings can vary even if taken close together (though don't vary very much usually).

It's normal for glucose readings to vary across the day for a range of reasons, and I doubt it's worth worrying too much about what's caused that kind of a minor rise.
Thanks so much for your reply Bruce. I have another hba1c test end of February I'm really hoping it's gone down to 41, so trying to understand about blood sugars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back