Blood sugar level

Status
Not open for further replies.

robrace

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just had results of my 3 month blood test! It’s 66mmol/mol.should I be worried?Seeing the diabetic nurse Friday!on 4 metformin a day!Was hoping to lose weight but struggling!90 kg any the mo!

Just had results of my 3 month blood test! It’s 66mmol/mol.should I be worried?Seeing the diabetic nurse Friday!on 4 metformin a day!Was hoping to lose weight but struggling!90 kg any the mo!
Has it come down from where you were 3 months ago if not then you likely have not made enough changes to your diet. Metformin alone will not be enough.
Ideally you should be aiming to be below 48mmol/mol but as long as you are making progress in that direction getting blood glucose well managed is not a quick fix.

Can you give us an idea of what you typically eat for breakfast, lunch and evening meal, so that we can perhaps see if there is room for dietary improvement?

Yes I know it’s diet although I have cut out eating between meals etc!I do like to have shredded wheat with fruit or porridge for breakfast! Followed by piece of toast!!lunch is normally soup or a sandwich,may have a yogurt after!evening meal varies from roast dinner with veg to fish n chips!Need to overhaul diet but I like my food.and a glass of red wine!

Yes I know it’s diet although I have cut out eating between meals etc!I do like to have shredded wheat with fruit or porridge for breakfast! Followed by piece of toast!!lunch is normally soup or a sandwich,may have a yogurt after!evening meal varies from roast dinner with veg to fish n chips!Need to overhaul diet but I like my food.and a glass of red wine!
You are eating some very high carb food which will explain why you have seen little improvement, metformin alone will not be sufficient to fight against that amount of carbs.
Take comfort that the glass of red wine is one of the better drinks.

I have been eating low carb for 7 years now - no food over 10% carb and - honestly - it is a great way to eat.
I had chicken thigh, mushrooms and a small helping of peas for dinner. I cooked 6 thighs and thought I might go back for a second one, but no appetite for it. I'll save them for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back