Blood sugar high in morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessDinky

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My blood sugar is always high in morning before breakfast and meds. Does anyone else have this issue.?I take my blood sugar again after 2 hours from meds and breakfast.

High morning levels are not uncommon.
It even has a name - Dawn Phenomenon.
At the start of the day, our liver dumps glucose into our blood to give us energy to start the day.
Those with a healthy pancreas, release insulin to maintain levels and see no rise. Those of us pancreatically limited experience a rise in blood sugars.

It may be worth also testing your BG before you get out of bed as it could either be Dawn Phenomenon like @helli said or it could be something called Foot on The Floor.

Hi lilly I always test it before I get out of bed but having trouble bringing it down. Got to have blood test. I feel constantly sick headaches I am a chocoholic and am trying to completely cut out chocolate

Hi lilly I always test it before I get out of bed but having trouble bringing it down. Got to have blood test. I feel constantly sick headaches I am a chocoholic and am trying to completely cut out chocolate
Many Type 2s find that the morning reading is the last one to come down so it could be that?

If you have suddenly reduced your carb intake, that can cause headaches which may be due to dehydration. When people cut carbs they usually initially lose weight quite quickly which is usually due to fluid loss, so important to stay hydrated.
What are your morning readings and your after breakfast readings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back