Blood sugar 90 some thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosie1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello , had my D blood test last week dr said it’s to high he said it’s about 93 I don’t do counting but I’m now going to take my med regular

Hello , had my D blood test last week dr said it’s to high he said it’s about 93 I don’t do counting but I’m now going to take my med regular
If that is Hba1c then that is where I started off back in 2016, and was told that I was a very bad diabetic.
What medication are you taking?

If that is Hba1c then that is where I started off back in 2016, and was told that I was a very bad diabetic.
What medication are you taking?
Hi I’m taking 2 morning 2 evening metformin 500mg I don’t no all this hba1c means

Hi I’m taking 2 morning 2 evening metformin 500mg I don’t no all this hba1c means
Were you taking the metformin before the test or have you just started since? A1c of 93 is quite high it means your blood sugars have been too high over the last 3 months

Were you taking the metformin before the test or have you just started since? A1c of 93 is quite high it means your blood sugars have been too high over the last 3 months
Hello what does A1c mean no I just not been taking them now I must

If you’ve only just started taking the metformin consistently then be careful of side effects. If they upset your stomach you might need to start them slowly and gradually build up the dose

Hba1c (often shortened to a1c) is the blood test from your arm to monitor your diabetes. Your result of 93 is likely from the a1c test.

If you’ve only just started taking the metformin consistently then be careful of side effects. If they upset your stomach you might need to start them slowly and gradually build up the dose

Hba1c (often shortened to a1c) is the blood test from your arm to monitor your diabetes. Your result of 93 is likely from the a1c test.
But why make more complicated can’t under stand all these codes

This is why I get feed up taking tablets I don’t like all this talking in codes and it puts me of coming to this site

This is why I get feed up taking tablets I don’t like all this talking in codes and it puts me of coming to this site
There are very few important numbers, but the Hba1c level is all about how well your blood glucose is being controlled.
When my Hba1c was in the 90s I felt so sluggish and like my own grandmother.
As soon as I began to eat a diet with fewer carbs I began to feel so much better, and in a few months I was no longer seeing numbers higher than normal.
The Metformin and Atorvastatin tablets made me feel far worse though, so I just relied on diet.

But why make more complicated can’t under stand all these codes
If you don’t like the abbreviation a1c just think of it as your 3 month average test. Drs and people on this forum will know what you mean. A1c is shorter to write though

It's very much not intended to be a secret code, but yes, it's a code! People sometimes complain about recipes which use phrases they're not familiar with (which are obvious to people familiar with particular cooking methods). Same idea: you want the language to be concise and precise, at the risk of being confusing to people who happen not to be in the know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back