Blood pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhJoy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I went for my blood test today and as it has been a year since diagnosis they did my blood pressure. I was surprised to find it had dropped significantly and was borderline for being ‘too low’.
Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone have any tips on how to manage it? The only thing I can think is I will need more stress in my life!!!

What was readings out of interest, my wife's bp is always on low side but they've never said it was a issue so far.

Losing a bunch of weight will usually bring your BP down - has that happened with you?

Only your doc can really give you much useful advice about this, but FWIW, I don't think there's any really firm definition for "low BP" although anything less than 90/60 sometimes qualifies. But even if you are less than that I don't think it's a big issue by itself, only if you have symptoms like fainting or dizziness, or if it's caused by some other medical issue.

Anyway, my BP went from around 165/95 to usually around 105/65 over a few months via weight loss, and quite often dropping to around 95/58. My doc is just fine with that.

Sometimes there is a reason, like big weight loss , medications. Mines low, I’ve been told it’s actually a good thing if there are no symptoms

The reading was about 90/60. It is probably because of my weight loss. Causes me some light headedness/dizziness and blurry vision especially when I am active or exercising. There doesn’t seem to be any advice on what to do about it.

The reading was about 90/60. It is probably because of my weight loss. Causes me some light headedness/dizziness and blurry vision especially when I am active or exercising. There doesn’t seem to be any advice on what to do about it.
Doctor doesn't have any advice?

One of my little pleasures, seeing the bewildered look on the face of the GP or nurse taking my blood pressure.
Once someone went off to get another sphygmomanometer because they thought that theirs must be faulty.

There are some hints and tips here in case you’ve not found them

Like your GP, the suggestion seems to be to keep well hydrated, and also possibly to eat regular smaller meals (I think BP generally rises after eating).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back