Blood pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnS

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am 65. I am type 1 diabetic. I was diagnosed 5 yrs ago. My blood pressure has always been fine. I had an interim assessment in may and it was fine although my Hba1c had gone up. Following a trip to the doctors last week it was higher than usual and I am keeping a diary for a week. It is still high and I keep asking myself what has caused it. I find it difficult to stay calm when taking a reading as I keep panicking when its high. Any thoughts? In myself I feel fine. Blood sugars have been Good this week .

Sorry to hear your Blood Pressure has been playing up. :( Have you got a cuff monitor at home, or are you getting checked at the surgery? Do you think it might be a bit of ‘white coat syndrome’ along with the BP raising aspects such as walking/driving to the surgery etc?

I suppose if your surgery become concerned, they might suggest wearing a 24hr monitor to get an overall picture of what’s happening?

Sorry to hear your Blood Pressure has been playing up. :( Have you got a cuff monitor at home, or are you getting checked at the surgery? Do you think it might be a bit of ‘white coat syndrome’ along with the BP raising aspects such as walking/driving to the surgery etc?

I suppose if your surgery become concerned, they might suggest wearing a 24hr monitor to get an overall picture of what’s happening?
Yes I bought a cuff monitor. Same one as they use at doctors. I have to take my results in on thursday then see what they say.

Yes I bought a cuff monitor. Same one as they use at doctors. I have to take my results in on thursday then see what they say.

Hope it’s a positive appointment 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back