Blood pressure article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew110758

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I loved the article on dibetes and blood pressure. Interestingly the levels given didn't seem to gel with the accepted blood pressure charts used today. It is all well and good to say we as diabetics should watch our bp, but when you find it isn't right and you max out what the doctor can prescribe, get referred to the Consultants, and find they have no further interest in even monitoring it.... The Consultant in the mean time, takes well over 6 months to even think about putting you on a list to be seen for assessment.. I have been waiting since March, and was told i "might" hear from Cardiology in November. Great when your bp remains odd, you've already been in once with arythmia, and have all sorts of issues dragging you down by the month. I love medical advice when you cannot follow it through, and the system it's self doesn't bother to follow up either.

Where was the article published?

OK ! When you say your BP is odd, what does it actually do to be odd?

OK ! When you say your BP is odd, what does it actually do to be odd?
Sorry to be so long responding. My bp drops from breakfast, steadies off until mid to later afternoon and then climbs into the evening. Medication is maxed so far as the GP can prescribe, bed time reading is typically higher than 160 / 80, with the diastolic often going over 90. I gather it is odd in the sense most folk, levels drop in the evening when relaxed. There are a raft of other symptoms including dizziness and breathless that hit on any form of exertion and sometimes out the blue. It has been suggested it may be pulmonary hypertension, and I am still waiting for that to be investigated.

Sorry to hear you’ve been having a bit of a frustrating time getting the right support for your blood pressure management :(

I wondered whether the article you referred to might have been in Balance magazine, but I’ve checked the latest issue and can’t spot it in there. Perhaps it was an email circular?

Diabetes UK has some general guidance on Blood Pressure here

But it sounds like you are already keeping a fairly close eye on things.

Have you been given individual targets to aim for by your surgery?

Hope your appointment with the consultant comes through speedily, and you get the support and advice you need.

OK - no prob. I agree it's odd, so I'm glad the NHS is trying to find out about it for you. Hope it all becomes clearer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back