blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spangle0581

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Happy sunday everyone.
I seem to be engrossed in this website and trying to get all the knowledge I can as recently diagnosed
I am on ramipril 10mg for my blood pressure which seems to be working but I have been very careful with what I am eating . Sometimes it feels like my heart skips a beat and I feel a bit dizzy - anyone else have these symptoms
Am on Metformin - 2 tablets a day
Any advice would be great xxx

. Sometimes it feels like my heart skips a beat and I feel a bit dizzy
No idea what it means or if it could have anything to do with yr meds, but I'd say talk with yr doc if it persists.

The doctor increased my blood pressure medication from 5mg amlodipine to 10mg and I felt dizzy and awful so they cut back to 5 but added losartan 25mg which did the same but I reduced that to 12.5mg which seemed OK but they said that was not appropriate at that dose so gave me candesartan at 2mg which again was making me light headed so I just stopped taking them and have stuck with my amlodipine at 5mg
It could be your dose is too high or that particular one does not suit you. My OH got palpitations from amlodipine.

Happy sunday everyone.
I seem to be engrossed in this website and trying to get all the knowledge I can as recently diagnosed
I am on ramipril 10mg for my blood pressure which seems to be working but I have been very careful with what I am eating . Sometimes it feels like my heart skips a beat and I feel a bit dizzy - anyone else have these symptoms
Definitely see a Doc. Cardiac Arrhythmias are significantly associated with diabetes especially Atrial Fibrillation. Diabetes interferes with the electrical conduction of the heart.

Happy sunday everyone.
Did they put you straight onto the 10mg dose? They're meant to phase it in, so you have a week on 5mg, then go onto 10mg as the sudden change in blood pressure makes you dizzy.
The GP I saw didn't do this and I had a dizzy spell walking home, and I think I would have fallen down if I weren't pushing my bike along the pavement, and leaned on that to keep myself up. GP phoned me later and told me she should have given the lower dose first, and once I'd done 5mg for a week, I didn't get any more dizzyness.

Edit: there's more here on the NHS website:
"This [the dose] will be increased gradually over a few weeks to the usual dose for your condition...
Your doctor may suggest that you take your first dose before bedtime because it can make you feel dizzy."

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling some dizziness, and heart wobbles @Spangle0581. Certainly worth asking your Dr about these sensations, and getting checked

Let us know what they say, and if you have any checks to find out what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back