Not open for further replies.

Laconic

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I went for my HB1AC today
and used the blood pressure and BMI machine at the surgery
Pulse per minute of 60 seems a bit low

2AFF3065-C030-4C88-B6C9-15C839D2DD66.jpeg

I think 60 is within the normal range, that’s where my and my OH's pulse normally is. Athletes can have much lower ones, the fitter you are the lower the pulse rate. I would only worry if my pulse was low and I knew I wasn’t fit.

The "normal" range for pulse is usually given as 60 - 100.

Oh that's interesting. I read that the normal range is 60 to 80. I will double check that now. Not of much value to me as my pulse is always in the low 50's and occasionally in the low 40's. I'm still here with no adverse effects. So 60 for you is just fine. Nothing to worry about in my humble opinion.

I happily tick along with a pulse in the 50s most of the time and would not be concerned if you have a level in the 60s - shows you were not stressed by the docs.

A few years ago, I had an op under GA. The nurse was taking my pulse as I came round and was concerned because it was 48. When I explained that was not particularly unusual for me, she commented that she doesn't usually see people as "fit as me". I may be active but not an athlete. Once she realised what I was like, it confirmed it was nothing to be concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back