Blood mmol read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzanneh

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I’ve been reading a lot of people questions on this forum and I’m a little confused. Still new at this as was only diagnosed 3 weeks ago type 2. My blood results were 89mmol, was this high? I’ve been put on metformin but am struggling to get to 2 a day as they make me feel sick ?
Many thanks for all answers

It’s pretty high, high enough that it’s firmly in the diabetic range, but not high enough to be anywhere near a record high if that helps give an idea?

It’s pretty high, high enough that it’s firmly in the diabetic range, but not high enough to be anywhere near a record high if that helps give an idea?
Thank you for your reply

I’ve been reading a lot of people questions on this forum and I’m a little confused. Still new at this as was only diagnosed 3 weeks ago type 2. My blood results were 89mmol, was this high? I’ve been put on metformin but am struggling to get to 2 a day as they make me feel sick ?
Many thanks for all answers
Metformin made me feel sick (nauseous) in the beginning but that passed fairly quickly for me.

89 mmol/mol is the same result I got on my first HbA1c test in October. At that level I had blurry vision, bruises that wouldn't heal quickly, a recurring fungal infection in my armpit, felt extremely thirsty sometimes and felt generally tired and drained of energy all day - so 89 is high enough to have a lot of symptoms, at least in my case.

By January I had lost around 12Kg in weight, was on Metformin and another medication (Dapagliflozin) and my HbA1c was down to 39 mmol/mol. All the symptoms were gone by Christmas.

Very best of luck in getting that number down 🙂

Hi
Thank you.
I never had any symptoms, it was a shock. I’ve lost over half a stone in 3 weeks so hopefully it will all settle down with the tablets.

Hi
Thank you.
I never had any symptoms, it was a shock. I’ve lost over half a stone in 3 weeks so hopefully it will all settle down with the tablets.
Metformin improves your body's response to insulin but in order to get your number down you'll need to make lifestyle changes too. Taking Metformin but carrying on as before won't do it. What advice have you been given regarding things like diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back