Blood Level Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello guys,

Anyone know where i can get a record book for my blood sugars? Free would be best?

I havent kept one in years i use my memory and meter to know what patterns/ issues im having, but if it shuts the hosital up ill do it 😱

Last edited:
I get mine free from my meter company, so it might be worth trying yours. Novo nordisk used to do them free, but changed to just having something you can download and print yourself, which is hardly the same thing!

Also, I noticed my clinic had a load at the back of reception last time I was there

Bayer send them out free too, you can order them online. What meter do you have?
My hospital usually have plenty available if I ask, although I tend to make my own.

I think I've seen on Bayer bayer web site a place to order one for gratis, or see your magical DSN, or use the back of a fag packet!!

Good work on wanting to log those darn numbers.

Rossi 🙂

I get mine free from my meter company, so it might be worth trying yours. Novo nordisk used to do them free, but changed to just having something you can download and print yourself, which is hardly the same thing!

Also, I noticed my clinic had a load at the back of reception last time I was there

Novo Nordisk do have a facility to download and print a book..But I always use the customer services email facility, send them my name and address requesting a new Blood Glucose moniter book, and they have always posted one to me within days, in fact last month they sent me two..

John

Novo Nordisk do have a facility to download and print a book..But I always use the customer services email facility, send them my name and address requesting a new Blood Glucose moniter book, and they have always posted one to me within days, in fact last month they sent me two..

John

Ooh! Thanks John, I will have to try that! After all, I use gallons of their gunk! 🙂 I preferred their books to the Accuchek ones, probably because I used them first and didn't want to change!

I'm suprised you don't record ure bloods especially being preggers...

I actually use my own home made books from a spreadsheet as I test much more than any book can provide space for.....

Phoebe, do your clinic not have any? Mine will give you a basic one if you ask.

We have just designed our own using 'word' as K found the 'Abbot' one that the Dsn gave us difficult to use (the 'boxes' are too small for the lunch time test as they are in the 'join' so she ends up writing the lunch time test in the mid morning test box and getting in a bit of a mess:() Was a good lesson in the use of 'word' for us both!
I have down loaded a free one from 'onetouch' which is quite good and the bayer one is also quite good - as others have said you should be able to get a free one from whoever makes your meter if you want a 'proper' booklet.

I'm suprised you don't record ure bloods especially being preggers...

I actually use my own home made books from a spreadsheet as I test much more than any book can provide space for.....

Phoebe, do your clinic not have any? Mine will give you a basic one if you ask.

I havent for about 4 years, they stopped asking to see them, just wanted to tell them. I havent had a team at the hospital for about 2 years either was just seeing the nurse at my GPs.
Now im pregnant they keep telling me different things each time, sometimes they want to see them other times they dont. I dont see how writing them down will help me, just add more work to all the faff that already needs doing.

I dont want to ask them for one because then its clear i havent been doing it, the cat was sick on the one they gave me last time.
But needs must.

Thanks for the ideas :D

Hi Phoebe - what meter are you using. Most have software - and you should be able to get the usb cable from the meter manufacturer. Then you can read the data from the meter which you can then save as a report and show to whoever wishes to see it.

Failing that there is normally a sign at the clinic that says to ask for a monitoring diary if you need one.

I get mine from my Nurse, they normally have a pile around the surgery.

I suppose if you are getting good control without doing it thats fine, but its also lucky.......

Each day for me is different, so writing it down (insulin, carbs, corrections) is the only way to find out why this happened or why that happened.....

Has the pregnancy not ruined this routine for you?

If you have a hypo, do you just treat and move on, or do you investigate why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back