Blood glucose testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc@home

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi. Joined this site some time ago after being diagnosed with type 2. Was put off with the minefield of info out there and struggled to find what was relevant to me. Managed to loose 2 stone in weight and currently keeping it off, although not easy. Still not convinced I have things under control so am back seeking help. Most advice recommends a blood glucose test throughout the day. Okay, I'm happy to go with that, but having looked at what's on offer in the shop, again I am swamped with choice and have no idea where to begin, which product goes with what? how many are needed? difference in quality etc etc, any help appreciated. Mc.

I use a basic blood glucose monitor from a company called Home Health it is called as Gluco Navvii if you order on line tick the box that says I have got diabetes then you won't pay VAT you only get 10 strips with your order but you can order extra strips .There is a discount code for extra strips NAVVII5 for 5 boxes of strips .
Carol

Hi Mc@home, welcome to the forum.

Most people test in the morning before food and two hours after meals.

The most recommended devices are the SD Gluco Navii or the Spirit Tee2 as they have quite cheap strips which is important.

You can also have a look on Amazon and check the reviews to see which ones are popular there.

which product goes with what? how many are needed?
The machine will come with everything that's required for a few tests (10, usually). Along with more test strips you need lancets to get drops of blood for the tests.

A really good lancet device is the Accu-Chek FastClix (which takes proprietary drums of 6 lancets each which (like most other lancets) can be used several times even though the recommendation is not to, I'm sure). (However, if you get along OK with whatever's with the machine then don't feel obliged to buy anything else.)

Thanks to all for your replies and advice. I will investigate whats been suggested and hopefully come back with some positive comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back