Blood glucose test meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hungry

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all

I’m brand new to the group having recently been diagnosed with T2. What is a reliable but reasonable meter to buy ?

Cheers Colin. I’m planning on hanging around as I know next to nothing about diabetes and how it will impact me personally and this forum is just what I need right now to help! Thank you for the meter recommendation too

That's the meter I've got too, easy to use. You also need to buy more lancets (which are the tiny needles that you prick your fingers with), more test strips, and a sharps box to put the used lancets and test strips in. The lancets are "28g" and fit in the gluco navii lancing device - ones like these, there's loads of different 28g ones on amazon.
You may be able to get a prescription for the sharps box, the nurse at my practice offered me one, but I'd bought some already. Your GP surgery may take the full ones, or the council might, or the pharmacy/chemist if you ask them.

I’d not bother buying more lancets but I would invest in a totally different lancing device.
I preserved with the one packaged with the GlucoSavii’s predecessor for ages before switching to the FastClix lancet and it’s life changing. The FastClix is more expensive for needles but it doesn’t hurt at all. Not that the other one hurts per se but the FastClix is a better engineered product which is less percussive so it’s far easier on the fingers. That’s allowed me to test more often and that’s a good thing.
Needles come in cylinders of six for the FastClix and they last a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back